I have always wanted to assist people along their health and wellness journey. As a Certified Personal Trainer for 7+ years I felt the next step to my career led to Massage Therapy. Seeing my personal training clients complain of aches and pains I knew I could be the one to help them. Naturally this path is mine. Having managed massage studios as well, I knew I could beat the competition by providing a more personalised experience. Put your back in my hands and you will be pleased.
* It Is Relaxing – When the body is tense and under stress, it produces unhealthy levels of the well-known stress hormone, cortisol, which can contribute to weight gain, sleeplessness and headaches.
* It Reduces Stress – Not only can massage therapy help with stress relief, but regular massage sessions over a prolonged period of time can boost energy levels, and stimulate individuals on physically.
* It Can Help Lower Blood Pressure – Some long-term studies have shown that a consistent massage program can reduce both systolic (upper number) and diastolic (lower number) blood pressure.
* It Promotes Muscle Relaxation – The purpose of massage therapy is to target the source of the body’s pain via eliminating tense muscles, increasing flexibility, and providing relaxation to the affected muscles as well as the body as a whole
* It Can Help Improve Circulation – Improved circulation is part of a snowball effect that occurs in the body as a result of receiving regular massage therapy on a consistent basis.
* It Can Help Improve Posture – The primary cause of this pain results from poor posture. In fact, chronic back pain, which is the number one reason for missed work days and second most common cause of disability, is often the result of incorrect or poor posture while standing and/or sitting.
* It Can Help Strengthen the Body’s Immune System – It is a well-known fact that individuals who experience high levels of stress are more vulnerable to illness and injury. When stress is combined with sleep disturbances and poor nutrition, the impact is directed at the body’s immune system.
650 hour Massage Therapy course at Spa Tech
Certified Personal Trainer for 6+ years
I am always striving to be the best I can be in the industry. Continuing education is a very important part of my business. Learning didn't end on graduation day that was just the beginning of all that this industry has to offer.